To match and supersede world class standards, in both service and product delivery, by remaining committed to customer satisfaction; to expand horizons and push boundaries, both in our existing and future endeavours, so as to provide continuous growth, profit and prosperity to all our internal and external stakeholders.
– Bada Sahab
Our Founder and Chairman, fondly called ‘Bada Sahab’ in the factory, is from Kanpur by birth.
This headstrong man with his stubbornness, ambition and hard work, helped shape a small loss-making grinding media unit into a successful multi-national Company, which finally evolved into the Pioneers of Ductile Iron Pipes (DIP) we know of today.
The man who inspired two sons and an entire Company to shift their core line of business, and follow him onto the path of success – the path of DIP. Meet the icon, the role model, the Big Boss- Mr. Ghanshyam Kejriwal.
– Mr Catalyst
A visionary, who has paved the path to creating a long standing footprint in the Ductile Iron Pipes (DIP) space worldwide. He played a pivotal role in accelerating Electrosteel’s global presence, turning it into one of the top international players of DIP. His vision has helped the Company in forming a very committed team of “professional owners” and his consistent inspiration has taken the Company on a sustained growth path over the years.
Joint Managing Director
– Mr Unstoppable
A force to reckon with, JMD is the other half of Electrosteel’s identity, who has jointly shaped the Company into its present avatar. A hands-on persona, he believes in leading by example. Fuelled by every challenge, JMD plays the ideal “fire” to MD’s “catalyst”. A charismatic leader, he is driven by his passion to take the Company to greater heights.
Electrosteel Castings Ltd started manufacturing Ductile Iron pipes in 1994, at the Khardah Plant – and that was the start of the 25-year-old journey.
Ductile Iron pipe is considered as the most preferred pipe material for water supply and pressure sewerage application all over the world. It offers higher Tensile Strength than Mild Steel and retains the inherent corrosion resistance of cast iron. Pipes made from Ductile Cast Iron, provides substantial benefits in terms of pressure bearing ability, impact resistance and capacity to sustain external static/ dynamic loading.
- 1955: Electrosteel Castings Limited begins its journey at Khardah, near Kolkata.
- 1959 : Starts production of Cast Iron Spun Pipes.
- 1982 : Acquires Shakti Pipes, Elavur near Chennai to augment production capacity.
- 1994 : 1st ever DI Pipe plant in India, established in Khardah, with a 60,000 TPA capacity.
- 1995 : Receives ISO 9001 accreditation from Indian Register Quality System for DI Pipes.
- 1996 :Conferred Kitemark license from British Standard Institute (BSI) for its Dl pipes as per ISO 2531, BS EN 545, BS EN 598. Commissions its own min-blast furnace.
- 1997 : Adds external Metallic Zinc Coating facility on DI Pipes.
- 2000: Enhances capacity 120,000 TPA for DI Pipes.
- 2001: Scales up DI Pipe capacity to 1,50,000 TPA. Intoduces TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) for improving process efficiency.
- 2002: Acquires 46% stake in Lanco Industries Limited.
- 2003: Increases DI Pipes capacity to 2,00,000 TPA Receives BSI Kitemark license for Dl Fittings for its Khardah Plant.
- 2004: Obtains DVGW certification from Germany for DI Pipes.
- 2005: Raises 40 million US$, through the issue of Global Depository Receipts (GDR’s). First Indian Company to be listed on Professional Securities Market (PSM) of the London Stock Exchange.First Indian Company to issue GDRs on the PSM. Three Star Export House title accorded by the JDGFT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India.
- 2006: DI Pipe manufacturing capacity increased to 2,50,000 TPA Commissions a 12 MW Power Plant, 30,000 TPA Sponge Iron unit and a new Coke Oven at it’s Haldia facility. Increases Mini Blast Furnace capacity to 2,35,000 TPA.
- 2007: SAP ERP implemented across the Organisation.
- 2008:Raises US$ 77.50 million through ECB Commissions 360,000 TPA sinter plant at Khardah and another 75,000 TPA Coke Oven battery at Haldia.
- 2009: DI Pipe capacity enhanced to 2,80,000 TPA Obtains FM and UL certification from USA and NF certification from France.
- 2012: Establishes state-of-the-art DI pipe coating and lining plant in Bansberia, near Kolkata.
- 2014: Establishes a new DI Fittings manufacturing plant in Haldia, West Bengal.
- 2018: Starts production of DI Valves at Khardha, near Kolkata.
Electrosteel has a strong brand presence around the globe and has one prevailing aim – to remain the first choice in the market segment by becoming an international benchmark.
An industry pioneer in India, Electrosteel has always remained the distinct choice for water engineers and domain experts in Ductile Iron Pipes and Fittings.
Apart from meeting the growing demand for DI Pipes in India successfully, Electrosteel has established a strong foothold in the international markets. It caters to a large customer base in 35 countries spread across the Indian subcontinent, South East Asia and the Middle East, Europe, USA, South America and Africa.
October 8, 2018Time Capsule
We created a Time Capsule for 2020 crafted from our very own Ductile Iron pipe – the same DI pipes that are celebrating ..
July 23, 2018Bell Selfies
We asked the Electrosteel family to take selfies in front of the Electrosteel Happiness Bell ..
July 18, 2018Distribution of water tanks to schools
Electrosteel recently distributed overhead water tanks to schools near our plants at Khardah, ..
July 16, 201825 Years Celebrations launch
Just a few of the photos from the 25 Years of DI Pipes launch of celebrations on the 16th July ..
June 5, 2018World Environment Day
How Electrosteel celebrated #WorldEnvironmentDay. Quiz contests, tree sapling plantations, ..
19, Camac Street ,Kolkata – 700 017
For any inquiries, questions or commendations, please call: +91-33-22839990/ 71034400 or fill out the following form